BattleGear 2 Mod – Mine & Blade: Battlegear 2, is a recreation of the popular combat mod for Minecraft currently in development. The mod focuses on providing players with interesting and balanced combat features, including new weapons,dual wielding of weapons,a shielding mechanic.An extremely high level of customisation for a select number of items.
BattleGear 2 Mod Mechanics
- Weapon System / Dual Wielding :Mine and Blade 2 introduces a new weapon system to Minecraft. This system will allow the player to have up to 3 weapons sets available to them that can be switched to using the ‘R’ key. The system allows the player to specify a mainhand and an offhand weapon (so allows select dual wielding).By default any weapon can be placed into the weapon system and any weapon without a special right click function can be dual wielded. The mod will also scan though items for weapons added by mods. For further mod support there is an API (check the github repository)
- Shields : Mine and Blade 2 introduces a shielding mechanic different to the normal sword block. Blocking with a shield will reduce all blockable damage taken from the front 120 degree arc. However a player cannot block indefinably as there is a stamina bar that appears above the normal minecraft health/armour icons.
- Weapons & Armour
- Waraxe : Although the waraxe does less damage to unarmoured foes than the sword, it is more able to penatrate armoured foes.
- Mace : The mace’s blunt surface is perfect for dazing enemies
- Spear : The spear is the weapon for those who would rather poke their enemy from a distance
- Dagger : The dagger is a quick weapon with lower damage than the sword
- Chainmail Armour : Mine & Blade: Battlegear 2 introduces a new way of obtaining chainmail armour. 3 chain links can be obtained by placing 2 iron ingots in a vertical arrangement in a crafting grid. Chain links can then be used to make chainmail armour
- Quiver and Arrows
- Quiver : The quiver is a small item that has the ability to stack four times more arrows than a common arrow stack. It can be crafted with leather and arrows. You can empty it by right click.Quivers can also be dyed similar to leather armour. Dye is removed by placing a water bucket in the crafting grid with the quiver.
- Arrows : Mine & Blade Battlegear 2 adds seven types of arrow which can be fired only from the quiver. The bow is also rendered differently to show those different arrows when used.
BattleGear 2 Mod Changelogs
- Better block use on server side for left hand
- Fixed crash reporter NullPointerException #198
- Fixed left hand item rendering in later Forge version #213
- Fixed shield model loading in later Forge version #208
BattleGear 2 Mod Installations
- Download the correct installer version of Minecraft Forge
- Run the installer and select ‘install client’
- Download BattleGear 2 Mod
- Place the mod zip file into the mods folder in .minecraft (if there isn’t a mods folder, create one)
- Run the Minecraft launcher with the Forge profile selected and enjoy the mod!